Herd of Monkeys
- Pattachitra on silk
- Pattachitra is an Indian Tribal Art Form that originated in the 12th Century in present day Orissa. “Pattachitra” is a sanskrit word that literally means a picture painted on a piece of cloth. Pattachitra artists are popularly known as “Chitrakars” . Traditionally Chitrakars used cotton canvas, but now they use both cotton and silk canvas. The preparation of the traditional cotton canvas is an elaborate process, involving multiple steps. The colours used by the artists are also hand made, using organic ingredients. Pattachitra art typically depicts mythological stories about Lord Jagannath and other deities, such as Lord Krishna.
- Following options are available to order :
- Original Art - 7x17 inch, if available. No framing options available for Original.
- Print on Archival Paper: 7x17 inch. High quality, imported archival paper used for best print results.
- Print on Canvas: 7x17 inch. High quality, imported canvas paper used for best print results.
- The texture and weight of the Print brings fine art reproductions one step closer to the originals but it may vary slightly from the Digital image.